Setup Stanford email using the Zimbra Connector
- You must close Outlook first.
- Download and run the installer for the Zimbra connector from here:
- Click Next when you see the Welcome to the Zimbra connector setup wizard.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- Click Close when the installation is completed.
- When you open Outlook, the Server Configuration Settings window displays.
- Enter the following information:
Server Name: sunetid.pobox.stanford.edu
Use Secure Connection: checked
Email address: email@example.com
Password: SunetID password
- Click OK to complete the configuration settings.
- Outlook now needs to synchronize to the Zimbra server.
- The initial synchronization can take a while.
- The GAL (Global Address Book) is currently disabled. To avoid seeing errors with the GAL syncing process you can disable the GAL synchronization.
Disable the GAL synchronization
- In Outlook, click on the Zimbra tab on the top.
- Click on the drop down menu for Sync Global Address List and click on Disabled.