Create a PST file in Outlook. (Archive file)
- Open Outlook
- Go to the Ribbon and select the Home tab
- In the New section, select New Items.
- When the menu appears, select More Items and then Outlook Data File.
- Select Outlook Data File (PST)
- When the Create or Open Outlook Data File window appears, browse to the location where you want to create the Archive file and input the desired name.
- You can create Archive files for each year and you can name it the file by year. For example, Archive2010. You can then archive all email for the year 2010.
Archive Outlook Manually
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Click on the File tab on the top menu.
- Select Cleanup Tools from the options.
- Click on the Archive option
- Select the choice to archive folders, including subfolders in the dialog box
- Choose the folder you would like to save and Archive in the window
- Choose a date for Outlook to begin archiving.
- Select the location of your archive file that you created above.
- Press OK to archive your items.