1. Go to ‘Finder’, click the ‘Go’ button. Scroll down and click ‘Connect to Server’.
2. Here is where you will type in the path of the shared folder you are mapping.
3. Type the path of the share you are trying to map.
Type: smb://win;SunetID@medicine-fs/shared folder name (notice the semi-colon between Win and SunetID)
4. Once the path is entered click the “+” sign, and then click “Connect”.
5. You will be prompted for your SunetID password.
6. It's a good idea to create an Alias on your desktop to the Shared Folder. Right click on the Volume (shared folder) and create an Alias. Next time you need to connect to the Shared folder, just double click on the Alias.